This was the featured smoothie at the Swet Haus and STIR class in November.
This protein/carbo rich, nutrient dense smoothie is the ideal combo for post-exercise re-fueling. It is close to the ideal ratio of 4:1[CHO/protein].
Try to consume within 30-45 minutes post exercise for maximal uptake and benefits.
15 grams protein, high in potassium, vit. a, fiber, calcium, pro-biotics, and it’s anti-inflammatory and lo-glycemic!
- ½ cup sweet potato or pumpkin puree [vit a]
- ½ large banana [potassium]
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk [calcium]
- ½ cup coconut water [sodium]
- ½ cup greek yogurt, tofu, or 1T.nut butter[protein]
- ¼ cup oats, soaked overnight[fiber]
- 1 tsp. cinnamon[brain health]
- 1T. Maple syrup or honey[optional]
Cut sweet potato in half and roast at 400 until soft
[approx.35 min.]You can do a bunch of these ahead of time
on a Sunday night and store in the fridge for the week.
Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth,