Easy tasty Recipe for entertaining!
Sun-dried Tomato Jam on Goat Cheese Crostini
- 1 8 ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained chopped, reserve oil
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup veg or chicken broth
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp. unrefined salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, cut in ¾ in.slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 5 ounces goat cheese, room temp.
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
recipe by STIR Cooking School
In a medium sauce pan over med heat ,brown onions with olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes,1 Tbsp reserved oil, and garlic, 5-7 minutes.
Add sugar, vinegar, water, broth, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 30 min. Remove lid and simmer 5-10 more min. until mixture is jam consistency.
Pre-heat oven to 400F.Line a baking sheet with parchment. Brush baguette on each side with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toast lightly, approx. 8 min.
Mix goat cheese with thyme and spread on crostini, top with tomato jam.
Serve on a platter with thyme garnish.
STIR Cooking School