Here’s is a great recipe for all those yet to be christened Christmas Instant Pots from last year; freeze the extras for an easy dinner on the fly when your schedule gets hectic!
- 2 med. shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, peeled, chopped
- 1Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 small butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into 1 ½ in. chunks
- 1 lb. green lentils
- 6 c. chicken or veg broth
- 5 cups packed spinach or kale
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- sea salt
- ground pepper
recipe by STIR Cooking School
Put the pot to sauté and cook shallots, ginger in oil for 5 min.
Add coriander and cardamom, cook for 1 min. Add squash, lentils, broth and ¼ tsp. salt.
Cover and lock, set for 12 minutes. Quick release when done.
Stir in spinach, vinegar and ½ tsp. each of salt and pepper.
Serve with crusty warm bread and a salad for a healthy hearty dinner.
STIR Cooking School