Using Eggplant rounds with your favourite Tostada topping is a great way to add veggies and lighten up this tasty appy!
- 2 lg eggplants, cut into 1/4 inch rounds kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken or substitute more beans for vegetarian option
- 14 oz. soaked, cooked, drained black beans
- ½ c. corn
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
Preheat oven to 400.
Line a baking sheet with paper towel and lay eggplant rounds out, heavily salt and let sit for 30 min. Dab excess salt off with towel.
Brush eggplant with oil and top with pepper. Bake until crisy,25-30min.
Toss all other ingredients together, except cheese and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon mixture on crisp eggplant rounds, sprinkle with cheese, return to the oven for 5 min. for cheese to melt. Garnish with cilantro.